Saturday, June 14, 2014

cuttings


Today was potting-up day. The rosemary cuttings were separated and potted. Hmm...I was worried that I wouldn't end up with four plants of 'Blue Spires' that I needed for the plan, so I took a few extra cuttings. Now I have 11. Also have one 'Frimley Blue.' Now what do do with the extras?

I'm not sure what happened to the 'Frimley Blue' cuttings, but most of them rotted. So many variables: but they looked fine until I moved them out of the orchid house and onto a windowsill. Maybe too cold, maybe too dark. Maybe both. Probably for the better, since I have nowhere to put 'Frimley Blue.'


The 'Winchester Cathedral' rose cuttings have rooted and two are putting out new growth. This is one of the greatest joys I have in gardening: seeing the new growth on the cuttings. I think I get even more excited by that than having the plants bloom. Weird, eh? I think I should rename myself "The Propagator." Unfortunately, "The Propagator" is at odds with "The Garden Designer" who sighs and says, one more time, "Where are these going to go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment