Saturday, November 6, 2021

'Princess Alexandra of Kent'

 

It's amazing that the roses are still blooming in November. Although the flowers of 'Princess Alexandra of Kent' are not perfect, they are enormous, as large as grapefruits. I've had a lot of conflict about this rose. The reviews have been mixed. Some people love this rose. Some people hate it. One person said that it grew to be a monster and didn't bloom much. She spent two days digging it out. It was with some trepidation that I planted it last year. It did not grow a lot last year, but this year it has grown vigorously. It has also bloomed well. My conflict with it is that the flowers open a garish color before fading to this soft pink which I like. That's how life is isn't it? You get the good with the bad and you have to choose whether or not it is worth it. You have to learn to live with your decisions. You can't change the past, but you can learn from your past. I can regret having planted this rose. Or I can love it. Or both. In any case, I have learned something about myself. I can choose to keep it or to remove it. I think I've already decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment