Sunday, March 22, 2020

Spring is on its way

In this time of "Shelter-In-Place" it's especially nice to have a garden, to bring joy to the heart with the coming of spring.

I've had 7 cubic yards of mulch delivered. It took us 3 weeks to move it and spread it where it needs to go in the garden. Of course after it's all done, I realized I missed a spot.

Just starting. I estimate it took 60 trips with the wheelbarrow.

The hellebores are still blooming. I think my best one is still 'Pink Frost'.




Although the NoID is also a favorite.


And although Flower Girl is still getting established, they have quickly charmed me.




The roses are starting to leaf out. I get so excited by this, but I know that my friends, spouse and family would just yawn.

March 7, the pruned back 'Freedom' that I grew from a cutting looked like this.



And now it looks like this.

I'm particularly excited about the new growth on the hard-pruned roses, and all the new basals that are forming.

Bishop's Castle

Pure Perfume

 Winchester Cathedral


There are even a few flower buds forming on 'Winchester Cathedral'.



Lilies bursting out of the soil are such a thrill. I cherish each point comes up.

Anastasia



Iris unguicularis 'Logan Calhoun' didn't bloom at all through the winter, and now is making up for lost time. You can tell it was a harsh winter, because of all the leaf damage.


My best Hippeastrum is 'La Paz' and it is now putting forth it's annual show.



No comments:

Post a Comment