Saturday, April 18, 2015

next up roses

 'Old Blush' is putting out a few more flowers. The early season flowers are the nicest, the flowers lose good form when it gets hot.

'Marie Pavie' and 'Knockout' are neck in neck for the second place. 

 The tiny pale pink bud of 'Marie Pavie' is just beginning to open, against the black stems of Salvia nemerosa 'Caradonna.'

That old stalwart 'Knockout' is starting to open as well. I'm impressed with the fragrance of 'Knockout', even though I still don't like the color. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I never thought I would like a knockout that much.

    Did yours' escape the frost, or was it light there? I saw most everything W and N of Las Cruces got to 32, valley spots 20-ish...El Paso escaped at 45-ish, so there's something good about heat islands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get a frost at all, which gave me a sigh of relief since I was worried that the new growth on 'Madame Isaac Pereire' would get fried. I still don't like Knockout that much. Just a lumpy block of garish color. One of my friends (at least one) commented on how much they liked it, though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

      Delete