Tuesday, December 14, 2021

‘Sharifa Asma’ is back

 


December 13, 2021

December 7, 2021

 

Once a rose cutting grows roots, the first burst of shoot growth can be rapid. Here, ‘Sharifa Asma’ gets potted up, a week after the first signs of growth appeared. There is already a good amount of roots. Compare this to the photo from a week ago. Amazing! This is one of the great joys of growing roses. Interestingly, the other cutting in the same pot did not grow any roots at all, although it is still green. I find that this happens quite a bit. When cuttings of the same rose are in separate pots, they seem to root at about the same time. When there are two cuttings in a pot, frequently one fails. I was disappointed with the growing habits of Sharifa when I had her a few years ago, but in the garden of my friend Ginger, she was so beautiful, that I had to try again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment